Rowing in Florida... Simply Wonderful
What could be better than escaping the snow, wind and cold of the Northland and visiting Florida for your winter training trip? Simply Nothing... Come to DeLand Florida for a long weekend or a month for rowing on miles and miles of great water. Row with manatee's in the St. Johns River and on Lake Beresford. Enjoy great weather, food, lodging and hospitality of Old Florida.
2024 SEASON is OPEN! We are ready for rowing when you are!!
In DeLand we want you and your team to have a great visit and we will help you get the safe, effective, fun training you deserve on your training trip. If you would like to reserve space and get a price quote for your team just fill out the non-binding reservation form linked here.
2024 Visiting Team Reservation Form
- Hundreds of miles of fresh, non-tidal, protected water on the St. Johns River and Lake Beresford. (no boat washing or motors to flush)
- Great rowing with miles of non-developed shorelines
- Brand New 10x 60ft AccuDock rowing dock - perfect for shells of all sizes
- Food options can be arranged from local restaurants and Publix has a great catering option
- Coaching launches and rowing equipment rentals available
- Easy access to I-95 and I-75 from the north.
- Airports are close by: 25 miles to Daytona Beach (DAB), 35 miles to Orlando/Sanford (SFB), 50 miles to Orlando (MCO)
- Row with the Manatee, Eagles, Herons, Osprey and more
- 2000m markers on Lake for speed work and scrimmages (500m sets)
- Safe water for novice (no bridges, tides, current)
- Great water for 8’s and small boats alike
- Use of ergs at the rowing site
- Low cost housing options
- Coaches and Athletes Hospitality
- Cost for venue is only $4.00 per/athlete per/day. No fee for coaches